Raccoon Valley Radio is currently looking for a news/sports position for its Perry station.
Join a three-station, small market radio station that focuses on the local news with local angles. The coverage area is western Dallas County. This individual must be a team player and work within a three-person news department. We are an award-winning company and prides itself on being part of the community. Full-Service radio isn’t a typical 8 am-5 pm job, you must be flexible and available to work some weekends and holidays. This position will also include fill-in play by play broadcasting of area sports teams.
If you are the kind of person that is positive, motivated to work in a community, and wants to deliver local news, then please apply to be a part of our team. We will work with the right individual that shows passion, dedication, and can produce high-quality work.
- – Cover meetings and events (including evenings)
- – Write a minimum of 5 stories daily with one seven-minute interview
- – Report breaking news/severe weather
- – Work occasional weekends/holidays
- – Develop working relationships with community officials and sources
- – Play-by-play broadcast of football and basketball games on a fill-in basis, as well as some sports stories
- – College degree preferred
- – At least one-year of radio experience preferred
- – Working knowledge of Adobe Audition or equivalent audio editing software
- – Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- – Have good written and verbal communication skills
– Possess good time management skills
Interested candidates can apply by emailing your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions can be directed to Coltrane Carlson at (515) 386-2222. Raccoon Valley Radio is an equal opportunity employer.
We are a locally owned, full-service radio station.
Currently, we are searching for marketing salespeople to join our team, and help grow local businesses brand’s. No radio or marketing sales experience needed. If you have a passion for any of our Iowa Locations and love to help people, please reach out to us and let’s see if we have a career waiting for you. We are the established local news, sports and weather information radio station, and internet source for Knoxville, Pella, Indianola, Washington, Stuart, Jefferson, and Perry Iowa. If you have a passion for one of these area communities, let’s turn that passion into a full-service radio career. We hire attitudes, and train successful sales team members, with proven systems and processes.
This is a great time to be in full-service radio and connect to our highly viewed local content websites.
We are an EOE. Contact Suhrmel@gmail.com